Thursday, May 26, 2005

Trust your peelings, Cuke. May the farm be with you.

Alas, my uneventful night which was to be graced with the notion of an early sleep was not to be, for I found myself finishing the last 200 pages of my book about St. Patrick (whose real name was Succat, by the way, and then was changed to Corinthiac, no wonder he went by Patricius) and then, finding myself not nearly as drowsy as I should have been, sat down at my computer checking my mail, and most recently, writing in my blog. Tell me if that isn't the longest sentence you've read today.
Oy gevalt, do any of you have Norton Security, because my idiotic virus protection keeps popping up widows every 10 seconds that say,... wait,... I'm waiting for it to pop up again,...ah ha, that say, "Virus protection is turned off. Open your Norton to resolve these issues." Now, after the first 57 times this popped up, I went to my ever so convenient icon at the bottom of my screen that says, "Norton Security" and clicked it and it says, "Norton Security is enabled." The thing does this all the time, and I've tried to fix it, but the security system is running, it just thinks it isn't. Really makes me wonder how reliable this virus protection really is. Probably not very.
I watched the cartoon that Pauls had on his blog. Hillarious. For those of you who don't read Pauls blog, go to www.storewars.org and watch Cuke Skywalker, Obi Wan Cannoli, Chewbroccoli and Ham Solo battle the farm's evil Dark Tater. It's awesome. Made me wanna go visit the New Leaf Market and get some organic food. Mmmm. Cannoli.



Well, this whole "Norton Security" crap is really getting on my nerves and I'm aggravated with technology right now anyway, so I bid you all adieu. Arrivederci!

3 comments:

Jim said...

Calyn,
Norton Security is made up of several different programs/modules--one of which is the virus protection. Just because your icon says that Norton Security is running doesn't mean that the virus protection portion is. You might want to look at how you have the program configured and make sure it does say that virus protection is activated.

Anonymous said...

wow. i don't know anything about computers, so, sorry! BUT that Store Wars video was really funny :)

Calyn said...

nope