Sunday, May 08, 2005

Three Diet Vanilla Cokes, Two Movies and One Unused Frisbee

I never understand why we cancel ROC on Mother's Day, because it seems like everyone' s just bored on that Sunday anyway. Plus, there was choir practice today, so it wasn't like people could do anything. Oh well.
Me and Lori were bored this afternoon, so we went up to movie gallery and were going to rent National Treasure, because we still haven't seen it, but it was all gone. So, we got the Manchurian Candidate (the new one because I like Denzel Washington) but I really didn't like that movie. It was this psycho-thriller-sci-fi-scary-stressful-violent film and everybody died and it was really, really sad. Then I went up to the church cuz we were supposed to play frisbee after the bike trip people got done with their practice, but the only people who stayed were me, Jed, Erin and Anna. Not really enough to play a good game. So I confiscated Jed and me, David, him and Lori watched Ocean's Eleven at Lori's cause David had never seen it. Poor unfortunate soul. He's been Ocean's Elevenized and heartily agrees that the first one is better than the second one, now that he's seen the first one. No contest, peoples. I was incredibly disappointed with the new one. But watching a great movie like ocean's eleven made up for watching the other one this afternoon.
So, jury duty tomorrow. I'm number 19 and Dad's number 20 (how the heck we got picked on the same day, i really don't know.) Not really excited about that. Our chances of not getting picked don't look so good when you're in the top 20. grrrr. Let's just say they're guilty and all go home. I have no sympathy for people who break the law. It'll probably end up being some really boring case of tax fraud or somebody suing somebody. (And believe me, if they're suing somebody, it had better be for a good reason or I'll be very angry.) So I'm going to go to bed cuz I've gotta leave at 7. I thought this was summer. meh. arrivederci!

7 comments:

Jenshka said...

OOOOH! Pick me! I wanna see National Treasure. I still haven't seen it either, but I've heard it's really good. I'm sorry I couldn't stay and play frisbee. I really wanted to but we were having a Mother's Day Dinner. No joke. It was really good though.

Jenshka said...

And I don't think you ever talked about where the 3 DVCs come in...

Anonymous said...

you've got to see national treasure! it's very indiana jones-ish. action packed! man, i'm almost done with school--1 more week! i can't WAIT until summer! twill be good :)

Calyn said...

I vote yes.

Anonymous said...

Wow, have fun at jury duty today. You will be very close to me and my work! How sweet is that?!?!

I am sorry about frisbee too, I would have been there, but I was on a great road trip with Linda Dale Wyman! SHE"S HOME!!! YEA!

O and I have seen National Treasure many times already, but it is a good movie. In fact my mom bought it this weekend. So, if you want to have a movie party you can borrow ours or come to my house for a PARTY! I love parties! They make me happy!
LOVe you!

Anonymous said...

When's the ParT?

Calyn said...

I think it's the Phantom Phrisbee stealer. There's definitely somebody raking in those frisbees. I'd like to know where they all end up. Sorry, can't help you. :0(