Saturday, May 14, 2005

My fingers have no idea I lost my voice

Quote o' the day: "Grandma's dead! Oy Gevalt!" Oh, Yiddish with Dick and Jane. So funny.
My voice has flown far, far away. It has instead been replaced by a muffled croak and squeaks any time I say more than two words at once. Oh well. It has provided countless hours of entertainment for Diane, Lori, Tamara and Nicole. I'm just sorry for the 7th and 8th grade girls I'm supposed to be teaching tomorrow in Sunday School.
Training in Gainesville. Hmmm. More on that some other time.
We got back at 7:30 and decided we wanted to go swimming. So it was over to Todd's house where we were joined by Sappy and Drew and a very angry yellowjacket. We were too smart for him, though. (the yellowjacket, that is.) Diane and I sang/croaked a moving rendition of "my heart will go on" and "you're my inspiration" medley. We were practicing for the Cheesy Love Song fest we might be having. I'm afraid Mrs. Laurie didn't find it quite so...inspiring. In fact I believe she said we ruined the songs. Tamara and Lori thought it was good, though. Good as in "Good Night, that's hideous!" or "Good gracious, Shut up!" but, good, nonetheless.
Speaking of good, I should get a good night's sleep tonight to make up for the 4 hours last night. And so I bid you all adieu. Arrivederci!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Calyn, why don't we talk anymore?

Calyn said...

Hey Daniel! I'm not sure why we don't talk anymore. Maybe because you live so far away. And Paul, that's not the same Daniel. :0) Oh, and Diane. Thanks for not getting upset that I sorta stole Jack from you. :0) i wasn't really sure how you'd react to that, ya'll being so close and all... But he's about to drown anyway, so what does it matter? Maybe someone will write a song or two about it. Who knows...