Tuesday, May 10, 2005

So, would you rather be the eagle or the weasel?

May 11th is:
Salvador Dali's birthday

The day John D. Rockefeller

and Bob Marley died

1330- Constantinople (Istanbul) becomes new capital by Roman Emperor Constantine for Eastern Roman Empire

1751- 1st US hospital founded (Pennsylvania Hospital)

1916- Einstein's Theory of General Relativity presented

1955- Israel attacks Gaza

1959- Yankee catcher Yogi Berra's errorless streak of 148 games ends

Quote o'the day- Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines" - John Benfield (Wisely spoken.)

Wasn't today a beautiful day? I meant to go running, but I'm afraid it just didn't happen. I watched this movie about Attila the Hun on the history channel (random, I know), but it was really good and turned out to be nearly 3 hours long and then I had to go to the library to recheck-out Romeo and Juliet for Cameron (the 60s one, NOT the Leonardo DiCaprio one, which is disgraceful, by the way. ) and shortly after that, Pink Carpet Bible Study started. Leah and Amanda and Lerah weren't there, and they were missed. But Kristin Ramsey came back and me, Jenshka, Special K and Callie were there and we talked about some really good stuff.
We read through Acts 15, a very good chapter if you've never read it. There's some good things to discuss in it. We talked about handling conflicts and the difference between real truth and good intentions. Often times I think we get confused when we're trying to figure out if intention merits a good enough excuse for things. I suppose it depends on the subject at hand.
Last night, Ruth and I met at Hopkins Eatery (GREAT place if you've never been. Best sandwiches I think, ever.) and then went over to Lake Ella and walked around. We had a really good time. I love Ruth. We're doing a book together about Abraham and becoming God's friend by Henry Blackaby (sp.?) and it's good. He always asks really convicting questions and makes you think about your answers. Definitely not the "fill in the blank" type.
This whole blogging thing has gotten rather depressing. No one updates. (minus Todd and Mr. Scott who, I have to say, are pretty faithful. ) Or when they do they discuss something which I already discussed with them 3 days ago. Or a week ago. I really do like reading what's up with people. I guess everyone's not the blogging type. Bis dahin. (that was for you, Lori.)
Oh, and Tamara and Lori- the adjective form of "viscosity" is indeed viscous. And you can even say "viscousness." That sounds kinda weird, though. The "viscosity of a substance" sounds better than the "viscousness of a substance", don't you think?
24 days until I leave for Ukraine. Boy am I ready. I can't wait to see everyone there. I have to say I'm incredibly envious of Mr. Scott because he gets to go to Nigeria next week. I want to go to Africa so bad. If somebody told me I could hop on a plane and go tomorrow, I would. I can't wait until him and Isaac talk about the AIDS orphanage and stuff. So exciting. I'm signing up now, Mr. Scott.
Well, it is really late and although I'm not tired, I should at least attempt to go to bed. I'm taking Bailey to the vet tomorrow. (or today, rather.) Fun, fun. Bailey just loves the vet. I think he's always scared I'm not going to be there when he comes back out. Poor traumatized little thing.
I'm going to go finish the last 30 pages of the novel I didn't finish during "jury duty" yesterday. I read 225 pages of a book. And that was not including the 3 hour "lunch break" they gave us. I can't believe it took them 8 and a half hours to decide they didn't want me on the jury. And you definitely need 30 people to pick 7. Because, chances are, there's going to be at least 23 people who can't do it, right? (note the sarcasm.) Colossal waste of time. Oh well. It was an experience. And they can't call me for another year. At least that's what I hear. Bonne nuit, Guten Abend, Spokoiniy Nochi, Goede Nacht, Buenos Noches, Good Night, whichever you prefer. Arrivederci!

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Yea! You put a picture of yourself on your blog. Good for you! I love you lots and am so glad to have you as my friend. I got a little catching up to do on my bible study, hope yours is coming good. See ya!