Friday, May 13, 2005

To Todd, Pauls, Ruth, Shandra, Mr. Jim and Lori (the rest of you can read too :0)

Okay, I have to get up and go to Gainesville in 5 and a half hours, so this is going to be quick. (I'm so glad I took typing in highschool. Best class I ever took. Ever. More on that some other time.) Shoutouts to the following people who reminded me of how much God loves me today:

Todd- You are the light king! (Or maybe the only one that I'm aware of. You're at least royalty of some kind.) And thank you so much for lunch and sacrificing your busy day to help with the stage. It looks great. See you in 6 hours...

Pauls- You are on my list of most awesomest people in the world. If I ever publish a magazine (that would be after I take over the world and turn all the stop signs to yield signs and abolish speed limits and garlic bread) and I have a most awesome people list, you will be on the front cover. (You may have to share the front cover with a couple other people, but it will only be a few.) You are sooooooo AWESOME! (i use awesome for lack of a better word. I'm still waiting for the better word.)

Ruth- You are SO encouraging. You don't know how much you made my day, even though I only got to see you for a little while. You give the best massages in the world. Really, I know no one who does them better. It's amazing. I love you so much!

Shandra- Only you, Shandra, can say just the right thing at just the right moment to make me feel better. And you can make the copy machine work, which is, in itself, a miracle.

Mr. Jim- What can I say? It's like God said, "The northwoods youth group needs major help. I mean, Calyn can barely check her email. I'm going to make a special person just for them and send him to them to help them with all these really cool things that involve technilogical words and phrases that most of them don't understand and equiptment that has Japanese names and touchscreens and things that are not words at all, but just a bunch of numbers and letters thrown together that mean something. Like M3F or GF63 or something." So God put together the perfect person and "Poof" there was Mr. Jim.

Lori- You're my bestest the Lori ever! Master of masking tape, duct tape (noticed I spelled "duct" correctly) , and packing tape, you awe us all with your exceptional sticking skills. PVC pipe bows to your will and king-size sheets cower in your presence... Okay, I'm done now. I don't know what I would do without you. I would probably die. Or if I lived, I would have no memory, and so I would probably die shortly after that. I'd probably forget to breathe or something. Although, I'm thinking we both might die, because I think we may have definitely gotten way high on spray paint fumes today. (Am I allowed to say that? It wasn't on purpose, I promise. I want no nasty emails or letters. ) Who would remind me to set my alarm or brush my hair or all the tiniest details of my TCC planner (that thing is so cool...not.) that I forget to look at!?

Y'all are so great! I'm going to bed! Sleep = very yes. Arrivederci!

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

Aww, I am truly touched. You have been the biggest blessing to me and I am so grateful for you. I am so proud of you for working so hard at the church this weekend. God is going to bless you, and that is all that matters. I hope you enjoyed your study tonight, I am heading that way to do mine. I love you, have a safe trip. BYE!

Calyn said...

Well, I won't take away garlic bread as long as Mr. Jim doesn't take away vegetables.

Anonymous said...

Wow - this is a new epoch in my life - I made Calyn's blog! Thanks!

Copy machines everywhere BEWARE!