Sunday, September 04, 2005

I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize...

Well, I was gonna call Todd and ask if I could borrow "Back to the Future 3" tonight because Nicole was having a party in her dorm and they were watching Back to the Future and it made me want to watch it, because, as you've heard me say before, those are great movies. But, then, I've been trying not to drive random places for the heck of it because gas is so freakin' expensive right now and it was like, 8:00, so it was too late to ride my bike, and it's Saturday night, so I thought, surely there's a good movie on tonight, so I decided I would just find something on TV to watch.
(Oh, but while I'm thinking about it, Todd, can I borrow Back to the Future 3 tomorrow? Thanks.)
So, one of my favorite movies of all time was on, Forrest Gump, and then Dirty Dancing was on, which is one of those famous movies I've never seen, so I started watching that, but you know, it wasn't good at all. Horrible acting and writing. Me and Dad were watching it and I was like, "dad, this movie isn't any good. Why is it so famous?" And he was like, "Well, it was good when it came out." I never understood that explanation. I mean, I can sort of understand it from a technology perspective, like Star Wars and stuff. Obviously Steven Speilburg was braving new frontiers when he did that, but Dirty Dancing? It came out in 1987. Let's face it. Back to the Future had already come out. People obviously knew how to make quality films. :0) Anyway, I didn't watch that one for very long. I turned it back to Forrest Gump, which I never get sick of and is a great movie.
So, 3 reasons why today was a great day:

1. I got to sleep in until...well, you don't need to know that, but the prepositional phrase in the next sentence might give you a hint....
2. Me and Mom went to Publix in the afternoon and bought cabbage, beets, potatoes, (have you guess what it is yet?) tomatoes, and onions to make borshch! Happy day. And we made it this afternoon and it was awesome!
3. Our borshch making was interrupted by a very special phone call from a very special person a couple thousand miles away from her very own APARTMENT! But I won't tell you who it is because she might want to be the first one to tell you. You didn't hear anything from me...

But, I should go to bed now because it's after 12 already and we have church in the morning. you know, early to bed, early to rise and all that stuff. But for those of you who are still driving your cars around and selling your limbs (or siblings) and mortaging your houses to pay for gas, here's some great bumper sticker lines:

Forget world peace. Visualize using your turn signal
Cover me. I'm changing lanes.
Keep honking, I'm reloading
Ask me about microwaving cats for fun and profit
Ask me about my vow of silence
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night
On the other hand, you have different fingers
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car...
I intend to live forever - so far, so good
All those who believe in telekinesis- raise my hand
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research
If You Can Read This, I've Lost My Trailer
Illiterate? Write For Help
Borrow money from pessimists - they don't expect it back
He Who Hesitates Is Not Only Lost, But Miles From The Next Exit
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

2 comments:

Todd G Sapp said...

Calyn,

I don't know what you guys plan to do in PCBY this year but please make showing Leah Back to the Future a priority!

Calyn said...

Yes, some quality programming is definitley a must. No one should have to go through life without seeing Back to the Futre