Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Turkish Delight

It was a hot day. Her backpack was filled to the top with books of economic theory, world overpopulation and schizophrenic russian revolutionaries dreaming they are merely butterflies. The hill climbed ever on but she finally reached the top and glancing through the gate she saw a girl playing in the fountain near the Wescott Building. Who would be playing in a fountain? It was none other than Katie Greenwell. "Katie Greenwell!" she yelled. "Calyn Reber!" was the reply. Shedding the cumbersome bag of books she rolled up her jeans and jumped into the Ruby Diamond fountain.

And it was bliss. Let me tell you. :0)
2 things to say about today:

1. Radooga Share Night was very cool. Клёво. It made me miss everything all over again, though, but that's become a normal daily occurance, so it was not surprising.
2. Paul Fenstermaker is my hero. In fact, I think he may be one. Reasons I think Paul might be a secret superhero:

*He does sit-ups every night. He's gotta be conditioning for something, right?
*He just looks like one. He's got that "I'm just a normal civilian, Peter Parker" look going on, but that's obviously just a cover-up.
*He's really strong. How does he get to be that strong? There's gotta be some villian-fighting going on there.
*He has that "I just have a normal job at Chick-Fil-A" thing going on too. I mean, what better job to have and be a superhero? Work the drive-thru window and you can see all the car-jackings and grand-theft autos you want. It's perfect positioning. You just jump out the window and Boom! Bang! Bam! the crook is tied to a tree and ready to be picked up by the local police department. And that place is all windows. You can see all of monroe street from those windows. Like I said, perfect location.
*He's unselfish. He's willing to give up things for the good of mankind. (Or maybe to further Jesus' kingdom, but we're going with the superhero theme.) As Peter Parker said, "Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option." (Awww, gotta love the tear-jerking quotes of Spiderman. Hold on. I need a tissue...)

So, Pauls, I'm onto you. But if I confirm my theory, I won't tell anyone. Your secret's safe with me.
Arrivederci!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jim said...

Share night was great. However, I thought you might attack Todd when he said "THE" Ukraine.

Lori said...

Pauls, are you a secret superhero like me :o) yea. we'll be superheros together. Even if you aren't one of those comic book guys, you are certainly MY superhero. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for being Pauls. I love you.