Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Because of Publix...

I don't think that movie would have done so well had the title been "Because of Publix." Naming a dog "Publix" doesn't sound as nice as "Winn Dixie." Actually, I never saw that movie, so I don't actually know if the dog was named "Winn Dixie" or not, but I'm assuming it was because I can't imagine a movie actually being about the grocery store. I hate Winn Dixie. Plus, they wouldn't have put a dog on the cover of the movie box had it been about a ghetto grocery store. Okay, all that to say, Because of Publx, I have CocaCola Zero, which, ladies and gentlemen, tastes much like Coke Light, so this is a time of celebration and rejoicing. Go to the streets, people, in honor of this momentous occasion. Or you could just go to Publix and buy some.
I chose to write about Coke Zero because of a conversation I had with someone very near and dear to my heart, my good friend Jenshka. Our conversation on ICQ went as follows:


Calyn (11:14 PM) :
okay, so you don't have to respond to this, but total randomness, my three middle fingers are all cramping up and they're, like, throbbing. Is that normal?
Calyn (11:14 PM) :
on my right hand
Jenshka (11:15 PM) :
no that's not normal!
Calyn (11:15 PM) :
ahhh! pain!!! agony!!!
Jenshka (11:15 PM) :
what did you do?
Calyn (11:15 PM) :
call an ambulance, jenshka! I'm not gonna make it...... beep... beep...
beep.... _/\__/\ __/\___________________________.....
Calyn (11:16 PM) :
i don't know! I need a coke zero
Calyn (11:16 PM) :
what should I blog about?
Jenshka (11:16 PM) :
coke zero
Jenshka (11:16 PM) :
or your cramping fingers
Calyn (11:16 PM) :
Oh, that's what I was gonna email lori about! Okay. I will
Jenshka (11:16 PM) :
what should i blog about?
Calyn (11:16 PM) :
um, how awesome I am
Jenshka (11:16 PM) :
haha
Calyn (11:17 PM) :
what? why "haha"? I didn't "haha" your coke zero
Jenshka (11:17 PM) :
that would take too long
Calyn (11:17 PM) :
oh, nice save

So, if you're a fan of Coke Light then Coke Zero is most definitely for you.

Oh my gosh! Just went to Coca Cola's website! Get this:

"Fans of the drink [Coke Light] often express a strong preference for the continental European formula over the British-American version [Diet Coke] , as it tastes far closer to regular Coke. This is because the Diet Coke formula is based upon the New Coke formulation and Coca-Cola Light, now being sold in the U.S. as Coca-Cola Zero, is based on the Coca-Cola Classic formula.





Rock on! It really is Coke Light! This is awesome! Okay, I'm going to do homework now. First I have to email Lori. She's gonna flip! (Oh, and notice the time. Before midnight. Ya'll should be proud. :0)
Arrivederci!

5 comments:

Jenshka said...

Oh my gosh! I knew it!!! No wonder I love it so much! This is a breakthrough. Now if we could only get green apple juice...

Calyn said...

Nicole (11:50 PM) :
NO WAY!
Nicole (11:50 PM) :
NO WAY!
Calyn (11:50 PM) :
YES WAY!
Nicole (11:50 PM) :
HOLY COW!!!

\
Calyn (11:50 PM) :
HOLY CHICKEN!
Nicole (11:50 PM) :
HOLY FREAKLY MONKEY!
Nicole (11:50 PM) :
I thought CocaCola Zero would be disguisting
Nicole (11:50 PM) :
sweet...thats definitely in vending machine downstairs
Calyn (11:50 PM) :
me too! until I tried it!
Calyn (11:50 PM) :
then I read this!
Nicole (11:50 PM) :
must go get some...
Calyn (11:50 PM) :
Yes.

Lori said...

you're right, I flipped. it is 8:15am and Amberly doesn't have school today, but I was SO close to waking her up to tell her that they have coke light in Am now. That's crazy!! So Awesome. See, God still loves you. He gave you Coke Light :o) Yea!!!! Happy Day. Roma said "happy day" yesterday and it made me really happy :o)

Aaron B said...

ewwwwww....how can yall like this stuff???? ugh, bla, pa-tew-y, pa-tew-y, agh, ewwwwwwwwww.....(i think i'm done now)

Anonymous said...

Yay for COKE LIGHT in the USA...yippy yay. Calyn, I trust you will have some for our road trip...if not we can get them at Wal-mart on Thursday night! (yes...that would be TOMORROW NIGHT!)
Oh, and yes...green apple juice! mmm I still have some at home in the fridge! mmmm mmm good! Similar in taste to green-apple-apple-sauce!
IM SO STINKIN EXCITED TO SEE YA TOMORROW!