Sunday, October 02, 2005

Mullet Gazing

So, tonight was Tamara and Janelle's 18th birthday party at the Stringer's house. David broke the upstairs railing, that was pretty exciting. The girl's won "four men on a couch", Lerah was stupid and throwing water all over people (those were Lerah's exact words) and it was thrown in her face, down her shirt. OH!!! And Lerah took out her (Okay, we're having an argument over what this thing should be called. Like, an earring for your lip, or like, a straightpost in her lip or like, the jewelry poked through her face...) so, yeah, she took that out and then squirted water through it cause Diane asked her to. It was freakin' awesome! She's like a fountain. Oh, and we discussed going around and putting clothes on all the Michelangelo David statues that are at those statue stores on Monroe street. Like, dressing them up for a night on the town one night. Yes. Oh, and we explored October. No, "explore October" is not a movie title, although it sounds like one. The movies you're thinking of are "October Sky" and the "Hunt for Red October." Just to let you know. So, we went outside and did just what I said we did. We explored October. We decided that October is a very agreeable month. The weather's very nice and it's pretty out. I cheated death also. See, Todd says I have this "Final Destination" thing going on, and we layed down in the middle of the road to look at the stars and I didn't even die. Yes! And I spilled diet coke on myself because I tried to take a sip of it while I was lying down. Not a good idea. So me and Lerah flew around like birds, gracefully, she says, and waited for my shirt to dry so I didn't look like a complete idiot when I went inside. (Although, now that I think about it, flying around like a bird outside is much more idiotic than spilling coke on myself. I mean, people spill stuff on themselves all the time, but it's very rare that someone flies around like a bird. Just a thought.) And then we saw some flashlights going around in the next door neighbor's realm and they were searching for us, but they couldn't find us because we were such clever birds. At least that's what Lerah's telling me. So, they didn't find us.
So, then when the Smallville marathon ("crap" says Lerah) started, we left to go find bigger and better things to do. So what better thing to do at 12:00 at night but go to Walmart? So we're going to find some Fiji water and to Lerah's great distress, we can't find any. We even asked. The guy's exact words I think, were, "I ain't neva' hurda dat." Oh, and we saw Auburn icecream. It had orange swirls and blue and orange fudge-filled footballs. So, of course, I called Sarah. But she didn't answer. So then we headed to the clothes section to find the shirt that Lerah had bought today because I wanted to see the other colors. So, then Lerah spots the best mullet specimen ever seen my mankind. Seriously. We wanted to take a picture, because it was freakin' awesome (not awesome in a good way, but, you know) , but we didn't want to be conspicous so I decided to pose with a random FAMU T-shirt in the guy's section near where the lady was standing so that Lerah could pretend to take a picture of me, but actually take a picture of the mullet specimen. So, this is the picture:



Who thought that was a good idea? Notice Lerah's very good job of being inconspicous. So you'll have to use your imagination to see like, the whole thing, but it was awesome. Then the lady (The Walmart Nazi) comes up to us and says, "[deep, not unexpected, voice] Ladies, the Walmart policy states that we may not take picture inside the store. I'm gonna have to ask you to put the camera away." Well, we'd gotten what we wanted, so we were perfectly okay with dat. And we ran away so we could go laugh behind a clothes rack. Then we picked up a 20 oz. coke (not Lerah's, cough cough.) and a pack of Big Red gum and headed to the "20 items or less" checkout lane. The lady who's checking us out is named Svitlana and I was thinking, "Hmmm, I wonder if she's Russian?" because you don't see the name Svitlana very much. So, I said to her "I really like your name. It's so pretty." Cause I like the name Sveta a lot and it's so pretty. And she was like, "Thank you." Then Lerah said, "How do you say that?" And she said "Svitlana. I'm from Ukraine." Well, I sorta freaked out at that point. It was awesome. I was like, "I've been to Ukraine!" And she got really excited and was like, "Really? Where did you go?" So I start naming places; "Kyiv, Zhitomir, Chernigiv, Odessa..." And she says, "I'm from Odessa!" So then she says, "Do you know Russian?" And so I answered that I only knew a little, but I study it in college in Russian and she was very excited. So, she bagged up our coke and gum and I said, "spaseeba" and she said, "pazhalsta" and then I told her goodnight and me and Lerah left. I was so pumped! So I called Jake to tell him because I knew he would be excited. And he was. I love Jake.
So me and Lerah finally made it home and we watched just about the best movie ever, Moulin Rouge. We ate lifesaver gummies and Lerah munched on popcorn and we analyzed the movie because we'd both seen it and that was fun. We decided that guys who wear scarves and French-styled hats are hot! (along with thumb rings and...chicken, of course. Because hot chicken is good chicken. And hot Shannon is good Shannon. :0) And Nicole Kidman proved to us that pale people can still be drop-dead gorgeous. So there's hope for us. Make it known that we are starting a club for all the fair-skinned, not able to tan, pigmently-challenged people of the world. Pale people of the world-UNITE!
Well, now that it's 3 in the morning, we should go to bed, because we have church in the morning. You know, church. One last picture for you all:



This is not really an okay picture, but we're tired, okay? And we're still pretty much the coolest ever. Arrivederci!

5 comments:

Jenshka said...

Ya'll are pretty much the coolest ever. It's probably good that I didn't come with ya'll because I would have stayed up and not wanted to drive home but I wouldn't have been able to spend the night. So we only watched one episode of Smallville and then I left and I went home and went to sleep at like 12:30 and then I accidently slept until 10:45 so I decided to keep sleeping and not go to church. Haha, oops. Now that I've left a novel of a comment, I'm gonna go now.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I have a Ukrainian church near my home! It is full of Ukrainians!! It helps me when I miss Ukraine. Sometimes I go there on Sundays, and sometimes to their youth meeting on Tuesdays.

Abby

Anonymous said...

abby has a xanga!! Check it out, boring though it be.

abby0284

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had some good times! Nice pictures by the way.. and why do people have mullets, why would you want to do that to yourself!?!? You guys are stinkin awesome.. and yes.. hot Shannon is good Shannon!

Graeme said...

Hey. I just want to let you know that your blog is a googlewhack! http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=spaseeba+xenophobe&btnG=Search

If you dont know what a googlewhack is search wikipedia. Best of luck.