Thursday, October 20, 2005

There's got to be more to life than being really-really ridiculously good looking...



After Bible Study tonight we watched one of my favorite movies, Zoolander. That's probably one of the best quoteable movies out there. Napolean Dynamite really doesn't compare...I mean, come on, does "Gosh" and "lucky" really compare to these?

Derek: "If there's anything that this horrible tragedy can teach us it's that a male model's life is a precious, precious commodity. Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak-gasoline-fight-accident."

Hansel: "Richard Gere's a real hero of mine. Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music that he's created over the years-- I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that."



Derek: Mermaaaan!

Matilda: Every day after school I would come home and you know, I'd flip through the pages of my mom's Vogue and Glamour and ...I'd just...I'd look at these women... These perfect, beautiful... just unbelievably skinny women. I just couldn't - Oh, I just couldn't understand why I didn't look like them. I just didn't get it. So um...so I became...
Hansel: What?
Matilda: Bulimic.
Zoolander: You can read minds?



Matilda: Derek, how did you decide you wanted to become a male model?
Derek Zoolander: Well, I guess it started during my first year of the second grade, when I was eating lunch and caught my reflection in a spoon, and I thought to myself, 'Hey, Derek, you're ridiculously good looking!' And I thought maybe I could do that for a career.
Matilda: Do what for a career?
Derek Zoolander: Be professionally good looking.



Hansel: "I care desperately about what I do. Do I know what product I'm selling? No. Do I know what I'm doing today? No. But I'm here, and I'm gonna give it my best shot."

Derek: "You think you're too cool for school. But I've got a news flash for you, Walter Cronkite- you aren't."



Mugatu: "Without much further ado, I give you the Derek Zoolander Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good."
Derek: "What is this? A center for ants?"
Mugatu: "What?"
Derek: "How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read if the can't even fit inside the building?"
Mugatu: "Derek, It's just a small model..."
Derek: "I don't want to hear your excuses! The center has to be at least... three times bigger than this."

Oh, we were laughing so hard. I don't have anything real intelligent to say today, watching movies about male models lowers one's IQ quite a bit. I will say that tomorrow we are halfway through with the semester!!! Ypa!!!!
On Saturday I get to go to my favorite place in the Western Hemisphere! I'm so pumped. Maybe we'll see manatees again. That would be exciting. Okay, I'm going to bed now. Arrivederci!

10 comments:

Lori said...

awww...I remember watching Zoolander at camp with Jake and little Jake...aww...

Rebekah said...

YES!!!!

Aaron B said...

yeah...that's defenitly the best movie ever!!!! But you forgot one of the best lines Calyn!!!! i CAN'T REMEMBER what it exactly said, cause i haven't seen it in a while, but it was...

"Do you think there might be more to life than being really really ridicusly good looking?" "Like what?" "I don't know. Maybe we could help people." "What kind of people?" "I don't know. People who need help."

yeah, i can't remember the rest, but it's really funny when they all get blown up cause the guy was too dumb to remember he had gasoline on him when he lit his "smokes".

well, maybe we could have a Zoolander party sometime over Thankgiving or Christmas, or someother time. And for the people who haven't seen it, this would be a great time to see it.

Anonymous said...

I guess you'll have to work on plan B

Rebekah said...

okay.... before you post all the awesome pics on YOUR blog, send me them... I want to paste some too.... love you! Later
Bekah

Anonymous said...

being really-really ridiculously happy, forever!

Todd G Sapp said...

Call 911 quick! Two days and no update on Хороший Ёжик! Something has to be wrong.

Anonymous said...

Настоятельно прикольный портал [url=http://obzormania.ru/obzor/126-naval-war-arctic-circle.html]Naval War: Arctic Circle[/url] , даже про [url=http://obzormania.ru/main/94-minecraft-vyplatil-3-milliona-dollarov-svoim-razrabotchikam.html]Minecraft выплатил 3 миллиона долларов своим разработчикам[/url] очень интересно написано.

Anonymous said...

Настоятельно улётный портал [url=http://obzormania.ru/igronevs/51-novyy-treyler-k-aliens-colonial-marines.html]Новый трейлер к Aliens: Colonial Marines[/url] , даже про [url=http://obzormania.ru/igronevs/90-gta-v-dostupna-dlya-predvaritelnogo-zakaza.html]GTA V доступна, для предварительного заказа[/url] есть информация.

Anonymous said...

Ребят, спешу поделится важной новостью У нас открылся новый интернет магазин КАЧЕСТВЕННОЙ обуви SALOMON, с крайне НИЗКИМИ ценами и БЕСПЛАТНОЙ доставкой! Заходите на [url=http://www.enter-key.ru] Лучшие цены в рунете на качественную технику[/url].