Thursday, January 26, 2006

72,780, 72,779, 72,778, 72,777, 72,776...

A thought just hit me. I really don't enjoy getting up early. I was thinking about normal people who have to be at work at 8 and I'm just not okay with that. I'm helping for Global Cafe at FSU at 8 tomorrow morning and it just occured to me that I have to get up at 6:30. I know, I know, normal people get up around that time but that's a depressing thought to me. I would much rather go to bed at 6:30 than get up at 6:30. See, the problem is that no matter when I have to get up in the morning I still go to bed at 2. I suppose if I decided to go to bed earlier getting up earlier wouldn't be such a problem. I just find so many exciting things to do at night. Like blog. Why do I feel the need to blog right now? I should be doing my homework so that I won't go to bed at 2. But instead I will sit here and blog and then I will go do something exciting like let the dog out or clean my room or email Lori or paint my toenails until about 12:00 at which point I will start my homework. It's a vicious cycle, I tell you. Each night you pass a further point it's impossible to go to sleep earlier than that.
But it is my own fault so I won't bore you with my woe. However, no matter how little sleep I get tonight I will still be plenty awake because I am pumped because I get to see Carli tomorrow! Yay! I get to see her in 20 hours and 13 minutes, which translates into 1,213 minutes, which translates into 72,780 seconds. So all I have to do is count to 72,780 and I will be with Carli. Gosh, who has time to sleep when they are busy counting down? I'm gonna be up way past 2... Gotta get started. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7...

1 comment:

James Morrow, Secretary General of United Nations said...

hey calyn! i got a comment from Zhenya and Tanya.. :-) hehe fun fun.. i just think that it is soo funny that i have never met them, but i can talk to them and stuff just cause im your friend.. your should feel like a very important person!! ;-)