Monday, January 09, 2006

What's lung got to do with it, got to do with it?

So, tonight I'm coughing out my other lung (the one that still remains) and Dad's like, "Calyn? Aren't you taking some medicine for that?" I said, "Yes. And it doesn't work. I might as well spare myself the nasty cough medicine taste because it does me about as much good as sunscreen on Mercury." (Or I guess sunscreen doesn't do me much good anywhere I am. The shade of lobster I turn anytime I'm in the sun for more than 10 minutes testifies to that.) Anyway, about 36.5 seconds after completing that sentence, a little news bit comes scrolling across the Fox News...uh-um, CNN... ticker. "New studies show that cough medicine does very little, if anything, to relieve cough." Wow. They could have saved themselves the time, $, and effort and come and talked to me. I would have told them that for a fraction of the price. But as soon as it had scrolled across the screen I gave Dad the "you wanna revisit this topic" look and he did the "touche" chuckle. So, people. If we can put a man on the moon, why can't we fix a common cough? Or better yet, if we can put a man on the moon, why can't we put them all there?

3 comments:

TX said...

at least you can pass school, yep?.. ;-)

James Morrow, Secretary General of United Nations said...

Actually i just found out that "over-the-counter cough medicine was prooven to actually do nothing for you... I was like " NO WAY!!!" thats frickin insane! who would have thought.. but supposedly doctors and scientists have researched it and founfd that it does infact NOT help a cough at all!!!

Todd G Sapp said...

H2O2