Monday, January 02, 2006

The Many Hats of Jenna and Calyn...and Christian, and Brandon, and Chris...

Quote o' the day:
"Oh! This is so special and sentimental. Let me tell you about this piece of tissue paper." -Lisa Myrick, while holding up a piece of tattered purple tissue paper attempting to salvage it by keeping Jenna from throwing it away.

Well, today me and Jenna woke up at...early. Very early. And so we ate lunch...breakfast, I mean breakfast and football was on and that was fun and I talked to Lori on ICQ and that was fun. And Dad had gotten home from North Carolina because him and my Uncle Richard went to see USF play NC State (they lost. But it was kinda expected so it was okay.) and he brought home awesome pom poms and hats and New Years decorations. Well, how could we pass that up? Me and Jenshka decided it was time to play...



Happy New Year to me! "I'm sooo happy." (Say it in the Kuzco voice.)



Jenna! There's something growing out of you head!





Then we found these. I'm not sure how I feel about these.



Jenna's not either.



Man, that game was exciting. My eyes were glued to that television.

After that, we found something much more entertaining- POM POMS! And noisemakers! Yeeeeessssss.



Yay!!!



Lerah, I think you should dye your hair like this.



It's so easy to keep up.



We really were blowing. But at one point when our lungs were about to give up, Jenna turned to me and said, "you know, Calyn, they're not gonna hear it in the picture." Wise words, Jenna. Wise words indeed.



Man, Mom's a lifesaver. She let Jenna use her hairdryer.





I just love Jenshka's hat. It keeps her cool.


Okay, then it was off to Jenna's to take down Christmas decorations and play "Shout about Music!" episode 2. I love that game. We decided we wanted to play with more hats.






I'm stealing this hat. Too bad it's 80 degrees outside. Yeah, I walked in and Mr. Paul's like, "Sorry. The air conditioner's broken." I'm thinking, "You know. It's a problem when it's a problem that your air conditioner's broken on January 2nd."



Christian wants to be a princess.





Chris wants to too.



Christian! You've just won the world championship staring contest! What are you gonna do next!?



Chris went out and bought the fish I gave him friends. Now P. Sherman has some friends. Of course their names are "42 Wallaby Way" and "Sydney."



Brandon got his hair highlighted.



Chris found an old dance costume...oh, Chris. Please don't go out in public...



Christian "helping" put away Christmas lights. Keep up the good work, Horton.



Let's just put that in the attic until next year...

Well, it's always fun at the Myrick's house. And I helped them to consolidate their Christmas decorations. My good deed for the day. Arrivederci!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice "not looking at the camera" picture, Calyn. (The one with the black hat.) I have thought thee well, my dear.

I haven't seen Jenna since Christmas.. no fair.

-Lerah

Calyn said...

Maybe we can work something out...Mrs. Lisa gave us nachos and cheese dip. What do you got?

Lori said...

awww...Christian IS a princess, didn't you know!?! Love you guys!