Saturday, February 12, 2005

Die, X-box, Die

Today I feel: Frustrated.

Oy, doesn't anyone else hate X-box? I feel as if it's destroying my life. Ruth spent the night last night after we scrapbooked at the church til midnight. My brother Cameron's 3-month-late birthday party was last night, so I was prepared for the fact that him and his friends would most likely be up late, and that they would undoubtably be playing X-box. However, upon entering my house, I was not prepared for seeing not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, but 5 T.V.s in my living room all hooked up to their own X-box with Halo 2 displayed on every screen.
I was resonable. Me and Ruth were going to watch a movie, but I thought to myself, "No, I won't take my T.V. from them. It is Cameron's birthday party afterall, and they've done so much work to hook all of this up." So, instead of watching a movie, we just hung out and talked. We stayed out of their way. I ignored them until 2:00, at which point, I really needed to go to sleep because I had to get up for a funeral in the morning.
I was reasonable. I simply walked into the living and asked my brother Chris, "Chris, Ruth and I are going to bed now. I don't care that y'all are up, but I was just wondering if you could be a little quieter." Rather than being understandable about all this, Chris pretended like he was asleep and totally ignored me. So, Ruth and I turned out the lights and attempted to go to sleep...for about 5 minutes. Then we realized it was way too loud and the screaming and arguing that could surely be heard by every person in our neighborhood were not going to allow either of us any sleep.
I was reasonable. I walked into the living room and said, "Cameron, could you and your friends be quieter because it's 2:30 and (unlike any of y'all) I have to get up in the morning." He said, "Yeah, whatever." So I whipped out the earplugs and me and Ruth stuck them in and went to sleep. After I had just gotten to a point where I was inbetween sleep and awake, Micah yells at the top of his lungs and wakes me up. This was just too much. I was on the verge of tears at this point. After all, it's 3:00 in the morning and the earplugs are just not cutting it. So I jump down out of my bunkbed once again and head out to the living room. This time I stand in front of as many T.V.s as I could and do the only thing I can think of that will get the attention of these creatures of the night. I threaten to take my T.V. away. The thought of losing one of their precious T.V.s is too much for them. They gave in. Indoor voices from now on.
Next time they won't be so lucky. I will not be so reasonable. I'm tired of negotiating. Next time I'll go to the fuse box. Yes, that will end their fun. Ha ha ha ha. The time will come soon. I'll let you know when I do it. It will be my finest hour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!! KILL THE X-BOX!!!! I am right there with ya sister. I mean I wouldn't mind them, but every male is obsessed (almost). Little side note... I just hic-cuped and I had drank some water right before that and the water shot out of my mouth down my shirt and I am work.. That's just great! Back to killing the x-box. It seems that whenever guys play it they ignor everyone around them and to top that off a lot of them have really bad attitudes! So, whenever you come up with a plan to kill the x-box please call me and let me have the joy and honor of participating.... Or really we just need to kill Halo.. If they just played like race car games and tetris (that is so spelled wrong) then that would be ok, but all the killing and the violence and the blood.. I can't take much more of it! I am glad to know that you are on the same page as me!! Well.. have a great day! LOve ya!

Todd G Sapp said...

Sorry I haven'nt commented in awhile. I've been too busy playing Halo2.