Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I love Mrs. Rachel and Diane!

Okay, so today wasn't really all that great of a day. It was kinda stressful and all that jazz, and then I was finally leaving the church at like, 9:45 (earlier than most Wednesdays, so I was pleasantly surprised) and my car wouldn't start. Now, for those of you who don't know my car, it is a 1982 toyota celica, that, while I love it dearly, is not very reliable. We've diagnosed it with arthritis, alzheimer's (sp.?) and a plethora of other medical problems and honestly, it just needs to retire. But on it trudges, until it needs a break ('breaks' are rather expensive things when it comes to vehicles), which lately has been about once a month. So, I went to start it and ... nothing. The battery was fine, the radio was on, lights, everything, the starter just wasn't working. So I sat there for a minute and started tearing up because it was just one more thing that went wrong today, and so I got out my umbrella out of the trunk and started making my way through the rain back to the church. And my umbrella was broken. It was only half up. I felt like smashing it into the sidewalk, but I didn't, because half of my body was staying dry, so I was at least thankful for that. I walked in the joydome with one wet arm and leg (where I might mention some very pretty music was playing thanks to Todd, Daniel and 3 other brass players who are practicing their quintet for church) and mrs. Rachel and Diane were the only people standing there and I just threw my umbrella down and stood there with this frustrated/stressed/sad/dejected look on my face and they both gave me very nice hugs. And Mrs. Rachel gave me some really cute socks with monkeys on them for valentine's day and they are the bomb. And Diane offered to drive me home, which is not on her way at all, so I was thankful for that. So, I went to go get all my textbooks and stuff out of my car and I decided to just try to start it one more time, and it started! God loves me! And so does Mrs. Rachel and Diane, so that made me happy. I love you guys.

2 comments:

Aaron B said...

why i am saying this, i do not know. this has nothing to do with the subject. why isn't ZOOLANDAR on your fav. movies? i was checking out your profile. all is well though,so talk to yas later.

aaronnnn

Calyn said...

Sorry, Aaron. I'll make sure to put it on there. :0)