Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I Love Pink Carpet Bible Study!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight was the best night of PCBS ever. (Except for the fact that Jenna wasn't there, but you were with us in spirit, Jenshka.) Tonight we had the house to ourselves so we brought out the pink carpet to the living room and took over. We even had some special guests visit in, although I think it might have just been for the food. It's girls only, but we let Todd and Kyle enjoy our presence for a short while. If you aren't in a Bible study or accountability group sometime during the week, GET IN ONE! It's been so awesome to get to know Leah, Callie, Hannah, Special K, Amanda, and Jenna and spend time together talking about anything and everything and reading through Acts. I love y'all so much. I wish we could have Bible study every night! They are such an encouragement to me, and it's so great to know that you've got friends out there who are praying for you and walking with you. We've been talking about big stuff lately and I'm excited about what God's doing in all of our lives. He's been showing us so much through His word, from Stephen, to Peter, to Paul and everybody inbetween that filled the pages of Acts. It was amazing tonight how all the questions we had could be answered in one way or another through God's word. It really shows the truth. There's a Caedmon's Call song (I think it's my favorite one) that was written by Issac Watts that talks about the Bible. The words are incredible.

Laden with guilt and full of fears, I fly to Thee, my Lord
And not a glimpse of hope appears, but in Thy written word.
The volumes of my Father's grace does all my griefs assuage
Here I behold my Savior's face in every page.

This is the field where hidden lies the pearl of price unknown
That merchant is divinely wise who makes the pearl his own.
Here consecrated water flows to quench my thirst for sin,
Here the fair tree of knowledge grows, no danger dwells within.

This is the judge that ends the strife where wit and reason fail,
My guide to everlasting life throughout this gloomy vale.
O may Thy counsels, Mighty God, my roving feet command
Nor I forsake the happy road That leads to Thy right hand.

II Timothy 3:16- (The Message) Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another--showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way.

1 comment:

Jenshka said...

I wish I could have been there!!!