Friday, February 04, 2005

I am feeling: Tired
I am wishing: I was in bed
I'm listening to: Sonicflood

AHHHH!!!! I just got done studying 5 hours for a test tomorrow. 5 hours. I don't think I've ever done that before. Actually, I'm not sure that I've ever stayed in one spot for 5 hours let alone for studying. It's a good thing I like history, that's all I've got to say. (But I was pretty productive today for those of you in our pink carpet Bible study. Leah, I really want some of your cookies....) I'm glad to see everyone's blogging so faithfully lately. It's fun to read everyone's blogs and it's a great way to know what's going on with everybody when you don't have time to talk. I've kinda gotten "bad day", "bad week", or even "bad year" vibes from a lot of people recently so I just wanted to say, be encouraged! I was thinking about Lamentations today and I looked up the word just to see exactly what it meant. It's basically a feeling or expression of grief, mourning, or regret. Um, so, that's depressing. And just think, a whole book of the Bible is named after that. But right in chapter 3 is something so encouraging. And what's great about it is that it's so real. I mean, the person who wrote Lamentations experienced extreme sorrow and heartache, but in all of that he knew that even though God didn't necessarily change the outcome of his experiences, He was (and is!) always in control and his mercies are new every single morning. So get excited about tomorrow! God's had already planned it out before time began. He knew this day long before you ever thought about it. And that's an encouraging thought. Read up!

19I'll never forget the trouble, the utter lostness,
the taste of ashes, the poison I've swallowed.
20I remember it all--oh, how well I remember--
the feeling of hitting the bottom.
21But there's one other thing I remember,
and remembering, I keep a grip on hope:

22GOD's loyal love couldn't have run out,
his merciful love couldn't have dried up.
23They're created new every morning.
How great your faithfulness!
24I'm sticking with GOD (I say it over and over).
He's all I've got left.

25GOD proves to be good to the man who passionately waits,
to the woman who diligently seeks.
26It's a good thing to quietly hope,
quietly hope for help from GOD.
27It's a good thing when you're young
to stick it out through the hard times.

28When life is heavy and hard to take,
go off by yourself. Enter the silence.
29Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions:
Wait for hope to appear.
30Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face.
The "worst" is never the worst.

31Why? Because the Master won't ever
walk out and fail to return.
32If he works severely, he also works tenderly.
His stockpiles of loyal love are immense.

I love you all very much and I pray that God gives you all a great day tomorrow! (or rather today. Gosh, I need to go to bed. ) Arrivederci!


3 comments:

Lorie said...

What does Karoshee Yoshek mean?

Jenshka said...

Oooh! Oooh! Pick me, I know. It means pretty hedgehog in Russian. I win!

Calyn said...

Yeah, it was kinda an inside joke amongst some of my friends in Ukraine. We always thanked people for the pretty hedgehog (in Russian) and people laughed at us a lot. Yoshek became our theme word for the summer. So that's what it means. Spaseeba za karosheva yosheka!