Saturday, December 24, 2005

Happy Christmas, everyone!

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, in true Ukrainian fashion, Lori and I were sitting here burning our Christmas CD's for her to take back to Ukraine. In our defense, I think the family rule applies to the two of us. But I'm sure I'm going to be getting comments from Paul about this... Chris and Cam were nestled all snug in their beds (until after lunch...) while visions of X-box 360 spun through their heads. And mom in her robe and Dad in his really old, need-to-thrown-away burgundy sweatpants had just settled down to watch re-runs of the Christmas episodes of various sitcoms on TBS.
I never thought I'd see the day when I was one of "those shoppers" who are in Walmart at 5:52 p.m. on Christmas Eve checking out. It was absolute choas. Definitely not something that I asked to be doing this evening, but it's done now. And I had 8 minutes to spare.
I finished my three days of playing Christmas music at Chick-Fil-A. That was fun. And Christmas money is a plus. I've discovered I definitely cannot talk and play at the same time. I'm just not coordinated. But, I can tap my head and rub my stomach at the same time...hmmm, maybe it just comes with practice.
We watched Elf today. Let me just say that that is a great movie. I think we all want to act like we're 7 and eat maple syrup on our spaghetti every once in a while. "SANTA!? I KNOW him!!! I KNOW him!!!"
Me and Lori are going to midnight mass at her mom's church tonight. I'm hoping to salvage a bit of the true meaning of Christmas for myself. After all, it is our King's birthday.
Happy Christmas, everyone! Arrivederci!

2 comments:

Jim said...

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Calyn! I am sad that our Christmas music is going to be over soon, but it just leaves room for the anticipation of next year! Love you!!