Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I love my brothers...

Okay, so as usual, Cam has been playing World of Warcraft for the past, oh, 4...DAYS (you thought I was gonna say hours, didn't you?) and Chris has been playing Tony Hawk. Because the weather's not beautiful or anything, perfect for doing things outside...
Yeah, so I walk into the living room and Chris is busy speed-smashing buttons on his controller and I say, "Gwi, this game is so stupid. All you do is press buttons."
Chris says to me, "No! It involves so much skill!"
Cam walks out of the kitchen at this point (we hadn't seen him in a while. I think maybe he needed to go to the bathroom or something. Otherwise he doesn't leave the computer.) and says, "What? Yeah it is. Can you do that in real life????"
So Chris turns around and says, "What!? Can you beat up...FAIRIES in real life????"
I think the answer to both of their questions is a resounding "no." No, Chris, you cannot and will not ever be able to do three backflips in a row and land on your skateboard, and no, Cameron, you will never enter a mythical fairyland and battle ogres and unicorns.
There. I win.
But, me and Cam did buy Risk today at Walmart and we played that. I've decided that Cameron should never take over the world. He is far too power-hungry. It was clear that he had won when he was using white pieces because every single one of his green pieces were on the board, and I said in a whiney voice, "Caaaaaaam, can we just end this now? You win." He said to me, "NO! I want to win! I want to know what this victory feels like! Victory is mine!" I was pretty much done after he took Ukraine and Ireland from me because, well, I didn't really care so much about the rest of it anyway but he refused to let me hand him over my territories. He wanted to crush me for everything I had. It was this "take no prisoners" mentality. I'm not sure I like that so much...
But that reminds me of one of my favorite episodes of Seinfeld:
Kramer and Newman are on a subway car and a Risk board sits on their laps.
Newman: Are you sure you know where the impound yard is?
Kramer: Oh, stop stalling. Come on.
Newman: I can't think, there's all this noise.
Kramer: Or is it because I've built a stronghold around Greenland? I've driven you out of Western Europe and I've left you teetering on the brink of complete annihilation.
Newman: I'm not beaten yet. I still have armies in the Ukraine!
This comment perks up the ears of what appears to be a Russian immigrant.
Kramer: Ha ha, the Ukraine. Do you know what the Ukraine is? It's a sittingduck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it'stime to put the hurt on the Ukraine!
Ukrainian on the metro: I come from Ukraine. You not say Ukraine weak!
Kramer: Yeah, well we're playing a game here, pal.
Ukrainian: Ukraine is game to you?! Howbout I take your little board and smash it!!
The Ukrainian pounds the game board, destroying it and sending the army pieces flying. I'm pretty sure it's because Newman and Kramer said "the Ukraine" instead of just Ukraine.
Oh, that's a classic.
Okay, I'm gonna go find Lori.
Arrivederci!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your brothers sound hilarious. Too bad they never should that side of themselves when I am around. I would be laughin' all over da place. (That last part was in a Strong Bad voice, by the way.)

-Lerah

Anonymous said...

*show not should.

-Lerah

Calyn said...

See, yeah, you could have deleted the comment and then fixed it, but then there would be this "this comment has been deleted by the writer" thing and I would forever be wondering, "Who was that? And why did they delete their comment? Did they say something mean and then decide against it? Do they hate me? Do I have any friends? Should I just end it all right now...?" So, that's good. Because we wouldn't want that to happen...

Ruthie said...

Did Chris give you the stuff I left for you today? Sorry I missed you. Have a merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

I understand about your brothers; I have one of my own who is enchanted with Star Craft. So tonight I was really in the mood to do something destructive, and then it hit 10 and I was tired. What is happening to me?!?!?!? Well, I would love to do either something destructive with you or just plain hang out with you. Merry Christmas!

Linda