Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Todd's Curse is Spreading...

Okay, so because I only got 1 hour and 45 minutes of sleep the night before last, this morning when I had to get up to go to my evil dentist appointment I felt like someone had waken me up from a coma. Curses to that alarm clock. Evil Fur Elise. Blast Miss Elise that she so inspired Mr. Ludwig to write that darn song. So, when I got home, rather than studying like I should have, I decided to take a nap. A rather long one. Anyway, with my teeth still feeling minty and tingly my cat and I snuggled up for a long winter's nap. When what to my wondering mind should appear but a pestering dream to disturb my much deserved sleep...here...(it had to rhyme.)
So, I have this tooth that I cracked like, 6 years ago when me and Cameron were having a pillow fight one day. (I know you must be wondering, "How the heck do you break a tooth in a pillow fight?" Well, Cameron had filled his pillow with lead...no, just kidding. I ducked to defend myself from one of Cameron's attacks and the arm of the couch jumped up and knocked me right in the mouth.) Anyway, so in my dream I had just gotten home from my dentist appointment (who would have thought?) and my cracked tooth felt like it was loose. So I got up from eating lunch and went in the bathroom to check in the mirror and sure enough, it fell right out. Not good. Well, then more started falling out. And then ALL of my teeth fell out! Right out of my mouth. My first thought was, "Well, this doesn't look promising." So I go out in the kitchen and I tell mom (now I've got a handicapped tongue and no teeth, so the whole speech idea wasn't working too well for me) "Mom! Aww my teef haf fallen oup!" And she's like, "Okay, well, let's take you to the dentist." I'm on the verge of tears now and I say, "Man, why can't this just be one of Todd's stupid dreams." (I'm serious. I was wishing in my dream that it was only just a dream. That's never happened to me before.) But mom was like, "Calyn. This isn't a dream. Get in the car." (She LIED to me!) And so we go to the dentist's office and it's 4:30 and the office doesn't close until 5:30, but the secretary says, "I'm sorry. There are no more appointments available today." And I'm crying and I'm like, "But de lady just cleant my teef and she said day were fine!" She said, "I'm sorry. You'll just have to schedule an appointment." And then I woke up. With all my teeth still intact. That was a relief. But I think I may start flossing...




Arrivederci!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is REALLY funny! HA! I tried to call you today, but a new Geiko (that is so spelled wrong) T.V.spot the little guy is talking and he says many different sentences in a row and at the end of each he says.... YEA! I thought it was funny and further proof that it's not just you!

Jenshka said...

Hey, people may think you're weird to have chipped a tooth in your pillow fight, but Paul broke his hand in a pillow fight. Just remember that.

Todd G Sapp said...

YEA! doesn't count. It has to be yea?

Todd G Sapp said...

Thanks Paul...You may want contact dictionary.com. They have it wrong as well.

(http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=yea)

Calyn said...

Todd, it says right there in the pronunciation key that "yea" is pronounced with a hard "a." Sorry, you lose.

Todd G Sapp said...

yea adv. Yes; aye.

Sentence: Todd is right, yea?

Calyn said...

No, you're not getting the point. That would be, "Todd is right, Yea", but yea would be with a hard "a", so it wouldn't sound like we say it. It would be like, "yay!!!" like that.

Todd G Sapp said...

Calyn...I have to refer you back to your comment on 12/13/05 on my blog in which you said,

"THAT COUNTS!!! "AYE" IS THE SAME AS YEAH! I don't know who you are, mr. Mackey, but thank you.
Calyn | | Homepage | 12.13.05 - 12:04 am | #

In other words you make the argument that, though "aye" is pronounced differently than "Yea", it is the same because the meaning is the same. According to dictionary.com "yeah" is a variation of "yea" and therefore has the same meaning though it is pronounced differently.

Calyn...you do not lose. Because my intention is to appreciate your uniqueness not to find fault.